Re: (no subject)

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:50:45 +0200
Julien Gilli <julien gilli gmail com> wrote:

> RSS feeds allows you to be notified whenever a new show is online and
> you  get all the hype mentionned above.

Theoretically, you can announce new bittorrent or eDonkey links (ie new
shows) by an RSS feed as well. (And as a site note: A two month release
schedule is not able to create hype!)

The only problem is that illegal stuff spam these networks, and there's
no clear copyright information displayed in the clients. See [1] for
legal material. There're the PDF's of the FreeSoftware Magazine, the
MyOSS Magazine (Malaysian OSS), TUX Magazine, and lots of OSS software,
for example.

If we're going to do all the work to get an audio version of GJ I'd like
to have older editions available. I'm not sure if that's possible with
podcasting.

And where do we get the bandwidth to broadcasts these shows? The traffic
is probably incredible, isn't it?

Btw, some of our articles would make a good start for visual howto's
when Istanbul works one day [2]. Obviously, some projects would like to
present these as well.

Cheers,
Claus

[1] http://content.emule-project.net/index.php