Re: (no subject)

I don't understand the hype around podcasting: What makes it so special?

Where's the difference to record something, convert it to mp3 or ogg,
and share it by eDonkey, bittorrent or kadmelia? One could do a sort of
archive for read texts which might be easier to browse and use.

I see a lot of people buy audio books, so I like the idea of creating
audio material. However, I can't see the need for this podcasting.

Cheers,
Claus