Infrastructure | Permanent URLs at api.gnome.org for Tracker schemas (#291)

Title: GitLab

Sam Thursfield created an issue:

Tracker needs permanent URLs for our RDF namespaces.

Currently we use two namespaces, one is http://semanticdesktop.org which we don't control, the other is http://tracker-project.org which is abandoned and domain squatted.

For Tracker 3.0, we want to fix this and use a namespace under a domain that we trust. Since we already maintain api.gnome.org for our doap-extensions schema, perhaps we can use this for Tracker's schemas as well.

The ideal would be, we can create a set of 302 redirects from api.gnome.org/ that point to the relevant Tracker documentation. For example, http://api.gnome.org/ontologies/v3/nmm/ redirect to documentation of the nmm ontology. Right now we would need 15 such redirects.

How practical is this?