Re: Mailing list request for Grilo

Hi,

El jue, 18-03-2010 a las 08:00 -0500, Paul Cutler escribió:
> On Thu, 2010-03-18 at 11:37 +0100, Iago Toral wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I sent this request two weeks ago and got no answer so far, some people
> >
> > started asking how they should contact us, if we have a mailing list or irc
> >
> > channel for the project etc and the developers are using an internal
> >
> > mailing list while we don't get a public one, which is something I would
> >
> > like to fix ASAP, because of this I think we should not postpone this much
> >
> > longer. I would still love to have the mailing list in GNOME for the
> >
> > reasons I mentioned in my previous email (see below) but if you have no
> >
> > time to handle my request now or think the project does not fit in the
> >
> > requirements for that, please say so and I'll set it up somewhere else.
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > Iago
> >

> > On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:01:49 +0100, itoral <itoral igalia com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi!
> >

> > > I've been working with some other mates in a project
> >
> > > called Grilo, I posted about that a few times on
> >
> > > Planet GNOME [1] already, so maybe some of you are already
> >
> > > familiar with it.
> >

> > > We are now looking for infrastructure, we have the code
> >
> > > in Gitorious but would be nice to have at least a
> >
> > > mailing list, which is our major priority right now.
> >
> > > I thought that I should ask for the mailing list here
> >
> > > first because:
> >

> > > 1) The project is using GNOME technologies and GNOME
> >
> > > has been the major focus from the beginning. I am
> >
> > > planning on sending a talk proposal to GUADEC as
> >
> > > well and I would love to see it becoming a part of the
> >
> > > GNOME stack at some point of the future.
> >

> > > 2) We have some people from the GNOME community
> >
> > > that could be interested in using Grilo already.
> >
> > > Particularly Bastien Nocera suggested on my blog
> >
> > > that we should use Grilo to implement this
> >
> > > MediaServer D-Bus spec:
> >
> > > http://live.gnome.org/Rygel/MediaServerSpec
> >
> > > and we are talking with Iván Frade about how
> >
> > > Tracker could use Grilo as well. Of course,
> >
> > > I am looking forward to seeing other GNOME
> >
> > > components  consider using Grilo and help them
> >
> > > in the process.
> >

> > > If you consider this is not enough I will look for
> >
> > > other hosting alternatives, no problem, but I
> >
> > > thought this should be the first place I should
> >
> > > try.
> >

> > > Let me know what you think about it.
> >

> > > Thanks,
> >
> > > Iago
> >

> > > [1] http://blogs.igalia.com/itoral/2010/02/10/grilo/
> >
> > >     http://blogs.igalia.com/itoral/2010/02/24/updates-on-grilo/
> >
> > >     http://blogs.igalia.com/itoral/2010/03/01/grilo-on-totem/
>
> Hi Iago,
>
> Sorry I missed this email the first time.  (In the future, please use
> our public email list at gnome-infrastructure gnome org).
>

> Have you reviewed GNOME's Project Requisites[1] and does the project
> meet those?  (I see from your blog post the project is LGPL so that
> [...]

so I checked this with the developers and they are all happy to move to
GNOME's git. How do we proceed then? I have at least some questions:

1) Juan (added him to CC), the other maintainer of Grilo, does not have
a GNOME account yet, he would need to obtain one before we move the
code, I guess this should not be a problem. Should he request his
account using the normal procedure (http://live.gnome.org/NewAccounts)?

2) Do we have to move to GNOME's Git before we get the mailing list or
this is something we can postpone a bit (I am talking about 2-3 weeks
for example)

3) Would be possible to have a Grilo component in GNOME's Bugzilla at
some point? Any additional requirements needed for that?

Iago