[SOLVED] Re: Issue with creation of an account (invalid username?)

Follow-up: I re-applied using a different username, given the following
further feedback on IRC:

	<mneptok>	Firefox can't find the server at www.knocte.com.
	<mneptok>	http://mneptok.com
	<knocte>	mneptok: ??
	<knocte>	mneptok: do you mean I could get that username if I had the
domain?
	<mneptok>	i'm "mneptok" on IRC, IM, Skype, and every host i use ecept
GNOME. i had to use initials here.
	<mneptok>	;)
	<mneptok>	if i cannot use :mneptok" then you cannot use "knocte" :)
	<knocte>	mneptok: right, that's why I'm advocating to at least use my
lastname, not some weird incarnation
	<knocte>	you at least could use your initials
	<knocte>	but my initials? aa ?
	<bkor>	not easily connectable to your name
	<bkor>	this is in the FAQ
	<mneptok>	i think the question WRT to last name only is "what do we do
when someone wants 'smith'?"
	<knocte>	bkor: exactly, this is why I want my lastname
	<knocte>	but smith is not MAX_LENGTH
	<knocte>	my problem is that my lastname doesn't allow more letters for
my name
	<knocte>	it's a special case
	<bkor>	happens more often
	<bkor>	anyway, have you tried putting in the 1st letter of your name +
lastname?
	<mneptok>	there is no MIN_LENGTH, so "smith" would be valid. and
confusing. and setting a "last name only" precedent would make the
argument against "smith" more difficult.
	<knocte>	bkor: aaragonese ?
	<bkor>	knocte: if a is your first name, yes
	<knocte>	mneptok: my point is that one cannot advocate a
"lastname-only" username with "Smith" because len (Smith) != 10
	<knocte>	bkor: sorry but that username sounds ridiculous
	<bkor>	ok, so I guess we have come to a conclusion now
	<mneptok>	knocte: there is no MIN_LENGTH
	<knocte>	mneptok: sorry but I don't think you understand me. Smith can
be preceded by letters, my lastname not
	<mneptok>	knocte: "last name only" is not a precedent i am willing to set.
	<bkor>	mneptok: mango allows more characters than official policy
	<bkor>	just to avoid discussions
	<bkor>	official is less, then we allow more
	<mneptok>	so aaragoneses would work
	<bkor>	yes
	<mneptok>	so there it is.
	<knocte>	ok, re-applying