Re: Fwd: automating Friends of GNOME names on website

On Mon, Mar 08, 2010 at 03:35:02PM -0700, Stormy Peters wrote:
> I'd like to automate adding the names to the Friends of GNOME page.
> (There's a lot of other thing about the process that I'd like to
> automate as well, if someone would like to help figure out how best to
> do that.)

I've read attached, but it doesn't really go into detail. Yes, no
problem to have a database. What we're more concerned with is usage of
PHP. That is generally disliked.

Especially mention of limited PHP experience.. then I fear the PHP
script won't take security enough into account.

But the biggest thing which is lacking: How does www.gnome.org/friends/
and Paypal connect? Intended as cronjob, called from Paypal when someone
makes a donation, something else? Really, the database part is the most
uninteresting bit.

> I'm cc'ing a whole conversation here for background.

Who uses that broken mailclient. This was very difficult to read. I've
fixed all the wrapping errors.

> Basically, when someone makes a donation via paypal, we need to grab
> the "options" and if they opted to be recognized, we need to add their
> name to the list of donors.
>
> I can open a bugzilla request too but felt like I needed more info to
> be more concrete ...

I do not understand at which stage the data is supposed to be
transferred from Paypal to www.gnome.org/friends/

Leaving the rest quoted as to make it easier for others to read.