Re: Upgraded jabber.gnome.org (Openfire) from 3.6.2 to 3.6.4

Olav,

You may wish to keep in mind that the current version of Empathy in
Ubuntu when combined with OpenFire 3.6.4 results in memory leaking like
a sieve. I only mention this because when I upgraded our organizations'
server to 3.6.4 and even 1 user running empathy in Karmic resulted in
our server eating all of its heap in a handful of hours.

The solutions to this that currently exist are:

1) SVN has a patch which resolves the leak.
2) Work around it by disabling PEP (XEP-0163: Personal Eventing Protocol)

Both solutions are covered in this JIRA ticket:
http://www.igniterealtime.org/issues/browse/OF-82

Regards,
Ilan
On 03/03/2010 02:21 PM, Olav Vitters wrote:
> I downloaded the new rpm, installed it, restarted the openfire service,
> restarted httpd (it proxies openfire via port 80 and Apache was giving
> some 503 errors).
>
> Release notes:
> http://www.igniterealtime.org/builds/openfire/docs/latest/changelog.html
>
> Download site:
> http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads/index.jsp#openfire
> Note: only has i386, no x86_64
>
> 3.6.4 -- May 1, 2009
> Openfire New Features
>
>     * [JM-1521] - Use stronger RSA encryption algorithm for certificates
>     * creation.
>
> Openfire Bug Fixes
>
>     * [JM-1531] - ! Prevent users from changing other users passwords.
>     * (3 votes). Thanks to Erik HH.
>     * [JM-1516] - LdapGroups assumed all members never in AltBaseDN. (1
>     * vote)
>     * [JM-1520] - Stacktrace of exception while initializing SSLConfig
>     * are now logged.
>     * [JM-1534] - DefaultAdminProvider was not including default admin
>     * account when there were no admins specified.
>
> Openfire Connection Manager Module
>
>     * No changes
>
> 3.6.3 -- January 8, 2009
> Openfire New Features
>
>     * No changes
>
> Openfire Bug Fixes
>
>     * [JM-1506] - ! Fixed cross-site scripting attacks in several pages.
>     * [JM-1504] - Fixed error in DefaultGroupProvider.
>     * [JM-1503] - Fixed ClassCastException that prevented certificates
>     * from being imported.
>     * [JM-1500] - Flash cross domain handler (port 5229) no longer spit
>     * crossdomain.xml immediately.
>
> Openfire Connection Manager Module
>
>     * No changes

Ilan Rabinovitch