Re: Sysadmin Team Update (and looking for 2 volunteers)

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:10 PM, Christer Edwards
<christer edwards gmail com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Paul Cutler <pcutler gnome org> wrote:
>> If you are interested in joining the team, please join the gnome-infrastructure mailing list[3]
>> and introduce yourself, why you want to join and any relevant skills or
>> experience you have.  It is helpful if you have been active in other
>> GNOME teams and can have someone vouch for you. (We are talking about
>> giving you root access to GNOME servers, after all!)
>
> I'm interested in lending a hand on the team. I've been lurking on the
> list and IRC (Zelut) for some time now, and I generally have quite a
> bit of time to put toward projects. I'm always looking for new things
> to learn and new challenges to push me.
>
> Some of my relevant experience includes:
>
>  * RHCE, RHCX/I (Engineer, Examiner / Instructor)
>  * Previously a Linux Instructor (primarily Red Hat)
>  * Long-time Ubuntu contributor (author of
> http://ubuntu-tutorials.com, founder/lead of Ubuntu Utah Loco, Ubuntu
> Member)
>  * Currently full-time SA contractor for the US Dept. of Defense.
> Primarily Red Hat / CentOS, with a little Debian & FreeBSD
>  * Experience with xen, puppet, cobbler, nagios, and most common
> services (dns, mail, etc, etc.)
>
> Even if I can start out with just simple tasks, I'm interested in
> helping where I can toward a really stable infrastructure for GNOME.
>
> Thanks,

Christer and I have worked together off and on through the ubuntu
community and various other things. He was the reason the ubuntu
hardened team got rebooted after the original founder left. He comes
up with clever solutions and isn't afraid to ask for help. I'd love to
work with him so he gets a strong +1 from me.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com