Re: new hardware + rhel6 migration

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 9:46 AM, Jeff Schroeder
<jeffschroeder computer org> wrote:
> label really isn't the best place for wiki and it seems like the first
> that should move. Are / were you still working on this? I know ray was
> helping do it. Do you think you could build a RHEL6 wiki vm and then
> that could be moved?

Ray was/is working on this but ran into a snag regarding a Python
version dependency that wasn't available until RHEL6. I told him that
I would re-build the VM on RHEL6, but I also ran into a snag in
building it. I need to talk to you (Jeff) re: cobbler to see where my
problem is. After this is built he's going to re-rsync the data and it
should be ready to go.

> dns master and ldap master should not be virtualized. Everything else
> other than nfs is fair game imo.

Am I correct in my understanding that ldap is going to go on the
smaller of the two new machines? Should / can dns go with it? Do we
want to keep them separated? Remember, we do have a secondary NS
server now at the Canonical DC.

If nfs should not be virtualized where do we suggest that goes? Do we
want to put it just on combobox or the new R610? I guess the question
I'm getting to now is: if we virtualize pretty much everything, are we
getting rid of the old out-of-warranty hardware (which is just about
everything)?

Christer