Re: new hardware + rhel6 migration

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Christer Edwards
<christer edwards gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Christer Edwards
> <christer edwards gmail com> wrote:
>> I've created a wiki page in the Sysadmin namespace to document the
>> ideas we've agreed on. http://live.gnome.org/Sysadmin/Virtualization
>>
>> Please contribute your thoughts, concerns, and ideas to make this a
>> smooth transition.
>
> I haven't seen any additions to the wiki page mentioned above or any
> to build in cobbler, so we really are close to being able to start
> deploying and upgrading machines.
>
> Again, I think it is important for us to document and discuss what it
> is we want to migrate first, what needs to virtualize vs what doesn't,
> and what we want to move to RHEL6 and in what order. I know there is a
> lot there, but just toss in your initial thoughts and the thread will
> start moving.

The snowy vm was built as Fedora 12 because we wanted it to match
RHEL6 as close as possible. We want the "stable" tomboy online public
release to be on RHEL6. It is already virtualized so this would be a
decent start.

label really isn't the best place for wiki and it seems like the first
that should move. Are / were you still working on this? I know ray was
helping do it. Do you think you could build a RHEL6 wiki vm and then
that could be moved?

dns master and ldap master should not be virtualized. Everything else
other than nfs is fair game imo.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com