Re: cgit installation / docs

Hello
Thank you for the clarification.
I have found that mod_rewrite should be enabled.

Regards.
tarek

2009/9/24 Olav Vitters <olav bkor dhs org>
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:31:14PM +0200, tarek allaoua wrote:
> I have discovered http://git.gnome.org/cgit/ few days ago, and .
>
> I would like to know if there’s some documentation about cgit
> configuration/installation/hooks that was done to reach the actual
> result in http://git.gnome.org/cgit/
>
> Frankly speaking i have tried to install cgit on a local server
> (debian 5.0) without a lot of success. I hope we can share some
> experience.

Owen Taylor made an rpm package for it, srpm is at:
http://www.gnome.org/~ovitters/cgit-0.8.2_1.6.1.1-2.src.rpm

Then we have some CSS and header/footer stuff, but that is pretty basic.

I've attached the /etc/cgitrc from the server, pretty normal config
file.

The hooks and so on can be found in the gitadmin-bin module.

Note: I didn't set up git/cgit.

Olav