Re: cgit installation / docs

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:31:14PM +0200, tarek allaoua wrote:
> I have discovered http://git.gnome.org/cgit/ few days ago, and .
>
> I would like to know if thereʼs some documentation about cgit
> configuration/installation/hooks that was done to reach the actual
> result in http://git.gnome.org/cgit/
>
> Frankly speaking i have tried to install cgit on a local server
> (debian 5.0) without a lot of success. I hope we can share some
> experience.

Owen Taylor made an rpm package for it, srpm is at:
http://www.gnome.org/~ovitters/cgit-0.8.2_1.6.1.1-2.src.rpm

Then we have some CSS and header/footer stuff, but that is pretty basic.

I've attached the /etc/cgitrc from the server, pretty normal config
file.

The hooks and so on can be found in the gitadmin-bin module.

Note: I didn't set up git/cgit.

Olav
# Using a virtual root in combination with mod_redirect gives URLs
# like /cgit/<modulename>
# GNOME customization - not needed, we switched to using PathInfo
#virtual-root=/cgit

# We put the default xlogo and CSS file under /cgit
#css=/cgit/cgit.css
#logo=/cgit/cgit.png

# See /usr/share/doc/cgit-%{version}/cgitrc.5.txt for all the
# options that could go here

# GNOME customization
css=/cgit/cgit-gnome.css
# No logo, GNOME header is already logified
logo=

# Has GNOME header and footer
header=/var/www/cgit/gnome.header
footer=/var/www/cgit/gnome.footer

favicon=http://www.gnome.org/img/logo/foot-16.png

# Looks funny if we don't have something here, maybe could be improved
root-title=All Projects
# Looks fine without a description though
root-desc=

clone-prefix=git://git.gnome.org ssh://USERNAME git gnome org/git

# Put all the modules on the first page of the project listing without pagination
max-repo-count=1000

# List the number of files and lines changed in the log
enable-log-filecount=1
enable-log-linecount=1

# If you are making changes, you probably want to uncomment this;
# remember to change it back at the end
#
#nocache=1

##