Re: MediaWiki on gnome.org servers

Kurt von Finck wrote:
Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org> wrote:

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask but can you tell us
what the limitations of moinmoin in regards to mediawiki are ?
One area that I've seen moinmoin lag behind is internationalization (searching, etc). Also attachments and images seem to be better
handled in MediaWiki, as well as things like templates.

In my little wiki experience, mediawiki is a nightmare to maintain
compared to moinmoin so I'm curious of the benefits.
MediaWiki is for sure a much bigger piece of software, but it's also
the de facto standard of wiki softwares, so I expect it to be better
maintained and respond better to security issues.

Fedora made the move recently.  We can contact them to get their
opinion.

Just my .02CAD

The switch from Python to PHP in terms of httpd modules is not to be
missed, either.

I personally prefer Moin. But I'm not really functionally part of
ongoing sysadmin work, so ... my 2% of a Loonie.
As this discussion didn't seem to go anywhere, I implemented it in MoinMoin instead during the weekend, with good results.
Now, how do we get this in place?
- Andreas