Re: MediaWiki on gnome.org servers

On 03/25/2009 03:44 AM, Lionel Dricot wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure if it's the right place to ask but can you tell us what the
limitations of moinmoin in regards to mediawiki are ?

One area that I've seen moinmoin lag behind is internationalization (searching, etc). Also attachments and images seem to be better handled in MediaWiki, as well as things like templates.

In my little wiki experience, mediawiki is a nightmare to maintain
compared to moinmoin so I'm curious of the benefits.

MediaWiki is for sure a much bigger piece of software, but it's also the de facto standard of wiki softwares, so I expect it to be better maintained and respond better to security issues.

Fedora made the move recently.  We can contact them to get their opinion.

Just my .02CAD
behdad

Lionel

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 9:24 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad behdad org