Re: Getting descriptions for cgit

On Fri, 2009-03-20 at 14:41 -0400, Joe Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> > I've long since given up on using RDF as a source format.
>
> This may seem a nitpick, but your beef is with RDF-XML, which is just
> one way of representing the RDF data model.  There are other somewhat
> more readable formats, although none as readable as the INI-format,
> like N3 and Turtle.

For the record, I have no beef.  I spend my days writing
and editing DocBook.  RDF doesn't scare me.

I'm trying to be accommodating to others.

> Whether the DOAP tools, whatever they are, accept those other
> representations, I have no idea.

Doesn't matter.  All we need is a good source format.
If that's DOAP in Turtle, hooray.  We can write the
tools to extract whatever we need for cgi, and Pulse
can produce DOAP in XML for the rest of the world.

--
Shaun