Re: Getting descriptions for cgit

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:06 PM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> I've long since given up on using RDF as a source format.

This may seem a nitpick, but your beef is with RDF-XML, which is just
one way of representing the RDF data model.  There are other somewhat
more readable formats, although none as readable as the INI-format,
like N3 and Turtle.

Whether the DOAP tools, whatever they are, accept those other
representations, I have no idea.

> It's an interchange format.  Produce your data in a way
> that's conducive to content producers.  Write tools to
> massage that data into a format that's conducive to
> interchange.  Win.

Agreed here.  It's a < 100 line Python script to transform the INI
file into RDF-XML.  Who cares if it's reinventing the wheel if it
makes people's lives easier in the long run.

Joe