Re: Plone deployment - Need help

On Thu, 2009-06-18 at 12:36 -0300, Alexandro Silva wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
>         If someone has it's hands on it, I suggest to do these things:
>
>         - 1 subdomain, say plone.socket.gnome.org, for the continous
>         updated test
>          instance
>
> I tried create this news subdomains in menubar server but I haven't
> permission.

You'll have to sort out the permissions with John Carr. Just some quick
notes about zone file editing (not sure if it's on the wiki anywhere)

 * Zone file are in /var/named/chroot/master/

 * When editing one of the files, you must change the serial.

 * Be *really*, *really* careful about changing the serials. Make
   sure you exactly follow the format commented and check your
   work twice.

 * Once you are done, use 'service named reload'

Projects for somebody:

 * Get the Zone files into git with an auto-checkout that updates
   and reloads named.
 * Add push hooks to make sure that the serial updates were done
   correctly.

- Owen