Re: Git migration docs

Mathias Hasselmann wrote:
>>> Good. The correlation between pro-git people and anti-changelog people
>>> has been my number one fear about a migration to git, even more than my
>>> fear of people having difficulty using git.
>> Taking advantage of what git provides over svn and using hand-written
>> ChangeLog's are inherently incompatible.  That's why you see that correlation.
>
> No, the are not. Behdad, I think I've posted this link before:
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=lib/git-merge-changelog.c
>
> ChangeLog files are maintained automatically after installing this merge
> handler. It allows merging and rebase without thinking about the hand-
> written wChangeLog file. I use it daily for many months now, and it
> works perfectly.

Thanks for the link (though, savannah is down until some CVE's are fixed).  I
was planning to check it out.  Still, when doing micro commits, it's really
annoying to have to run prepare-ChangeLog.pl, fill in the ChangeLog, commit,
and get back to coding when one can just commit and write there...

Cheers
behdad