Re: Dia on git.gnome.org (experimental repository)

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 19:14 +0000, Simos Xenitellis wrote:

> > Does 'ssh hans master gnome org' work in the same terminal? If not,
> > ssh -v may be informative.
>
> I think this should be  'ssh hans git gnome org'.
> When trying SSH to master.gnome.org, it appears that it does not have
> the public keys (it asks for a password).

Hans has login on master.gnome.org (as a module maintainer for uploads)

What I was trying to distinguish was:

 - Problems with his ssh key in general
 - Problems with the restricted ssh on git.gnome.org

[...]

> When trying now, the error message is
>
> $ git clone ssh://USERNAME git gnome org/gucharmap gucharmap
> Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/gucharmap/.git/
> fatal: '/gucharmap': unable to chdir or not a git archive
> $ _
>
> Is this an issue with absolute paths? That is, git tries to access
> '/gucharmap' which of course does not exist.
> Should there be a /git link on git.gnome.org that points to the

As well as what you noted I'll point out that that the second argument
to git clone is almost never needed (nice break from svn co),so
you can just:

 git clone ssh://USERNAME git gnome org/git/gucharmap

- Owen