Dia on git.gnome.org (experimental repository)

As the current maintainer of Dia I finally got around to check the experimental git repository, unfortuantely without much success.

My first attempt was a checkout (clone) for my main development platform (winxp, please don't shoot me;)) but after failing that I took a look form Linux as well.

My main question at the moment is (could not find an answer on gnome-infrastructure thread [0] or http://live.gnome.org/GitMigration) :

Will it be possible for a module maintainer on gnome.org to choose to stay with SVN?

Git from win32
==============
neither named nor anonymous cloning did work for me (works fine from Linux)

hb HB-T1XP /d/devel/from-git
$ git --version
git version 1.5.4.2.1161.g1a6f0

hb HB-T1XP /d/devel/from-git
$ git clone ssh://hans git gnome org/git/dia.git dia
Initialized empty Git repository in d:/devel/from-git/dia/.git/
Permission denied (publickey).
fetch-pack from 'ssh://hans git gnome org/git/dia.git' failed.

hb HB-T1XP /d/devel/from-git
$ git clone git://git.gnome.org/dia dia
Initialized empty Git repository in d:/devel/from-git/dia/.git/
git.gnome.org[0: 209.132.176.202]: errno=No such file or directory
fatal: unable to connect a socket (No such file or directory)
fetch-pack from 'git://git.gnome.org/dia' failed.

Probably I'm just doing something stupid with the URLs, because my cairo clone still seems to work with the same git version.

hb HB-T1XP /d/devel/from-git
$ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/cairo cairo.2nd
Initialized empty Git repository in d:/devel/from-git/cairo.2nd/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 40543, done.←[K
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (10625/10625), done.←[K
remote: Total 40543 (delta 30263), reused 40097 (delta 29878)←[K
Receiving objects: 100% (40543/40543), 26.84 MiB | 230 KiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (30263/30263), done.
Checking out files: 100% (1595/1595), done.

Conversion errors
=================
Looking at http://git.gnome.org/cgit/dia/ it appears to me that the
dia/trunk is not available at all. I assume it should have been mapped
to 'master', but there the last change is 7 month old regardless of
quite some activity in Dia trunk since than.

The last commit shown on master is:

commit 7fee0d296dc5d674dcf405ee722f32ae67c638f2
Author: Hans Breuer <hans src gnome org>
Date:   Sun Jun 29 16:08:33 2008 +0000

    [Patch from Thomas Harding fixing help generation for non-gnome case]
    without gnome install to $(helpdocdir) initialize HAVE_XSLTPROC
    conditionalize on HAVE_GNOME

    svn path=/trunk/; revision=4079

The SVN action apparently breaking the conversion was:

Revision: 4080