svn -> git conversion process

Hi all,

We over at Xfce have been considering switching from SVN to git for a while, but probably the main stumbling block for us is resources and time.

I noticed a blog post on p.g.o about the recent effort to convert GNOME over to git, and I was wondering if you guys were planning on publishing any of your conversion scripts and/or detailing the steps taken, any gotchas, and also what you're using for the git hosting itself (as well as how you're doing user management and permissions). I'm sure a lot of what you've been doing is specific to your particular setup, but I think it could be a useful starting point for us and save me some time.

Hopefully this isn't off-topic for this list, but I couldn't think of a better place to ask.

Thanks,
Brian