Re: git transition exploratory team

On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 14:42 +0100, Xavier Claessens wrote:

> It would be wonderful if I can just copy that repository to
> git.gnome.org instead of migrating current SVN repository, like that we
> can keep all branches based on our git repository.

Sure, it should be easy to do.  We can do either of these:

1. Tar up your repository, untar it in git.gnome.org and adjust the
commit hooks.

2. git clone your repository, adjust the names of the remote branches to
be local, and adjust the commit hooks.

3. Create an empty repository with the correct commit hooks, and just
let you push into it from your repo.

I'd favor (1) or (3).

> Of course I'm volonteer for any git infrastructure testing.

Thanks!  We will definitely need guinea pigs :)

  Federico