Re: Fw: Seed GIT Conversion

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 11:37 -0500, Robert Carr wrote:
> ==============Original message text===============
> From: Robert Carr <carrr rpi edu>
> Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 9:05:14 EST
> Subject: Seed GIT Conversion
>
> First, thanks for converting Seed to git.gnome.org, glad to finally be
> away from SVN.
>
> However, as I pointed out to Owen in IRC (and he asked me to post here) a
> few problems seem to have happened, I don't think it's anything I can't
> fix, but still.
>
> Comparing
> http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/seed/trunk/tohttp://git.gnome.org/cgit/seed/tree/a few things are evident, notably the insertion of a random Makefile in
> the top-level directory (I do not recognize this Makefile either, I am
> guessing it came from a revision before Seed was using autotools?).
>
> In addition src/main.c is present in the top level directory.
>
> I am not sure if there are any other problems as I have not had time for
> a detailed analysis.

I tracked down the problem to revision 71 in svn, where the trunk
directory was "replaced" according to svnadmin dump.  This confused the
svn->git importer in that it didn't delete everything in the old version
of trunk before putting the new files in place so some of the files
present in revision prior to 71 showed up where they should have been
deleted.

cheers,
Kristian