Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Sure,
   on the other hand projects with ChangeLogs that are hand-tended
to are, in my personal experience richer than logs of arbitrary commits,
if only by the simple virtue of forcing you to spend time caring for it.

I use ChangeLogs a lot. My preference for hand-made ChangeLogs is that the author involuntarily tends to order things by priority. The fact that he bumped the solib version is much more important than that he cleaned up whitespace, fixed an include flag that breaks on some obscure platform, etc. The latter of examples of the kind of entries frequently seen in auto-generated logs. As Murray says, increased entropy. I'll take a weak wine to a high-powered beer any day.

--Pat