Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Tristan Van Berkom <tvb gnome org> wrote:
> Sure,
>   on the other hand projects with ChangeLogs that are hand-tended
> to are, in my personal experience richer than logs of arbitrary commits,
> if only by the simple virtue of forcing you to spend time caring for it.
>
> Anyway, lets see what some experiments yield ;-)

Anyone submitting patches to our module without a proper commit log
message will likely have their patch gently rejected until it's fixed.
That certainly is the case with the vast majority of FOSS projects out
there using git. See "git format-patch".

Likewise, at some point, translators making a commit log message that
reads "Updated a file." will have their commit reverted with an
explanation in the commit log as to why it was reverted.