Re: On autogenerated ChangeLog

On Tue, 2009-04-21 at 13:26 -0400, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
> Versioned ChangeLog is a matter of trust, Id personally rather
> take care of it and revision it by hand, I didnt ask other people
> to do so, this is what I will do though (also, merging changes
> in a ChangeLog cannot be difficlult, definitly not more difficult
> than merging sources).

No, but the point is that if you edit some code and someone else has
made changes to some code elsewhere in the repo, and you merge their
work into yours.. then maybe you have to fix some conflicts, but maybe
not.  If you have already added ChangeLog entries and someone else
commits something before you commit then you have to resolve conflicts
in your ChangeLog 100% of the time.

If it's not a big deal to you, cool.  I was just pointing out that this
is something sucky about dealing with ChangeLog files that exist in your
repo instead of being generated by your VCS.

/ Cody