Re: Git access problem

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 2:20 AM, Nurali Abdurahmonov <mavnur gmail com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Iʻve a git access problem. My svn account works normal. but cannot cloning
> with this account on git.gnome org. Error:
> nurali nurali:~> git clone ssh://anurali git gnome org/anjal
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/nurali/anjal/.git/
> Permission denied (publickey).
> nurali nurali:~>

Hi Nurali,

The command should be
$ git clone ssh://anurali git gnome org/git/anjal

(note the '/git/' part).

However, the problem appears to relate to your key, because
if your key was fine, you would get a different error message,
"fatal: '/anjal': unable to chdir or not a git archive"

There are some steps to try to diagnose the problem at
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/GitHowTo

In your case, I suspect that the issue is with your ~/.ssh/id_dsa or
~/.ssh/id_rsa.
If you upgrade your Linux, you need to keep those files because they are your
private keys, private keys that are linked to the public key that has been added
to GNOME during your registration.
Can you verify whether the issue is with lost id_dsa or id_rsa files?

Simos