Re: Groups in cgit

On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 23:11 +0100, Philip Withnall wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-18 at 15:12 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > Owen and I discussed doing repository groups in cgit using
> > the category property in each module's doap file.  Attached
> > is a patch to make this happen on the server.
> >
> > Categories in doap are resources, which means they're given
> > using URLs.  To have a simple controlled vocabulary, this
> > uses resources defined in our doap-extensionsd file.
>
> What about modules which are not released as part of GNOME, but are
> still GNOMEy enough to be on GNOME Git? I can't see a category which
> would be appropriate for them.

Sorry, I should have clarified that.  There's an "Other"
categorization for those modules that would be shown on
cgit.  Owen and I agreed that having a DOAP category for
"Other" would be silly, though.  So those modules should
just not include a category in their DOAP files.

I should make a comment to that effect in the templates.

--
Shaun