Re: Why irc.gnome.org?

On 5/5/07, Kurt von Finck <mneptok mneptok com> wrote:
BJörn Lindqvist wrote:

> What you are saying is that freenode is not elite enough? It has not
> been my experience that freenode has been riddled with problems.

> because the former network has been much more successful in attracting
> users (and spambots too unfortunately).

*ahem*

It has not been my experience that Freenode has been riddled with
problems. However, I assumed that there would be some truth to Gregory
Leblanc's statement and that someone else might have experienced any
of Freenode's problems. I myself, have never seen a spambot despite
countless hours wasted on irc.

That is why your resistance to even consider moving to another network
is so puzzling. Freenode already has operational channels for both
#gnome and #gtk+. They contain people that wish to contribute to GNOME
but are not even aware of the irc.gnome.org network. In effect, we are
raising social and psychological obstacles to participating in GNOME,
and we are losing out on potential contributors due to that.

--
mvh Björn