Re: Plone in GNOME server - now for real

On 2/22/07, Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org> wrote:
I'll help make this happen.

That was almost 3 weeks ago. We haven't heard anything since then.

The new wgo won't be released tomorrow. The website is not ready and
even if it would be ready it is not in the GNOME servers.

We will fix a new deadline by the 2.18.1 release, in one month. This
needs to be a hardcoded deadline, with no more excuse to postpone. We
are going to do our best to have the site ready for beta testing and
content revision asap.

If we want to do things properly we need to have the Plone
installation in the GNOME servers in one week, two in a worst case
scenario. Can we have a sysadmin to take the responsibility and
compromise to a deadline? Otherwise we will need to find alternatives
(only bizarre ideas come to mind in order to think how we get
www.gnome.org up & running without GNOME sysadmins).

Question: since all you are so busy, could you grant Ramon the
temporary permissions needed giving him a deadline to do the stuff?

Yes, I know this is probably not compliant with the policies and
perhaps there are no precendents, but let's not forget that I'm
requesting sysadmin help for several months now, unsuccessfully.

Thanks for your understanding.