Re: preparing for UTC timezone, corrections to cronjobs

On 10/06/06, Ross Golder <ross golder org> wrote:
I would like to move ahead with this as soon as possible. Not only has
it been outstanding for way too long, it shouldn't be too hard or scary
to do, it shouldn't break anything (at least not irreparably), and would
be nice to get done and be allowed to settle before GUADEC. Thanks for
doing the groundwork Toni (and Kurt) - now it's about time we did
something about it :)

I am proposing to action this tomorrow at about 0800UTC. Does anyone
have any objections or foresee any problems?

I don't know if you've already covered this, but the bonsai commit
handler stored dates in the mysql DB in local time (one of the few
differences between the bonsai and viewcvs commit DBs).

This will probably result in the old data being offset by about 4-5
hours, which isn't a big problem.  It should make the "commits in the
last X hours" option in viewcvs's commit interface a bit more useful
though ...

I guess with the current schedule for switching to Subversion, this
isn't that big an issue though.

James.