Re: Request for a mailing list & another question

Le samedi 10 juin 2006 �1:32 +1000, Jeff Waugh a �it :
> <quote who="Vincent Untz">
>
> >  + a nice name would be outreach gnome org  However, there's not a -list
> >    in there. Maybe outreach-list?
> >  + this will be a private list
> >  + I'll be the admin
> >  + I'll moderate the list
>
> I've just talked to Vincent about this on IRC - the mailing list is for the
> organisers of a new programme that is semi-related to Summer of Code. It is
> a Foundation project so no problem there, but: 'outreach-list' is extremely
> generic for this, and we should be very careful about adding private lists.
>
> Vincent - can I suggest gnome-wso-list (much like gnome-soc-list)? Can we
> open it up after the selection process, or do the selection process a bit
> differently?

I'm fine with gnome-wso-list, or maybe gnome-wsop-list ;-) I was just
worried that having a list that will be used only for a limited amount
of time was not a good thing (hence the generic "outreach" name).

I'm not sure we need the "gnome" part in the name, so wsop-list would be
equally good.

We'll probably want to choose an URL with wsop, then (gnome.org/wsop/ or
gnome.org/community/wsop/). I'll talk with Thomas about this.

Thanks,

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas press�