Re: www.gtkmm.org hosting

Hey, I am currently a member of the ModeratorTeam, but I was thinking
of offering my help with the AccountsTeam, however, I was wondering
what type of expertise this required as I am not very familiar with
LDAP, and while I have experience administering most of the other
services that Gnome provided, I have never done so with ldap. Does the
account team require an intimate knowledge of ldap? And more
importantly, is there a need for more account team members?

-Kevin Kubasik

On 7/13/06, Ross Golder <ross golder org> wrote:
On ¨., 2006-07-10 at 19:18 +0100, Andy Shellam wrote:
> Hi Ross (and others):
>
> If you can give a list of skills required, what sort of systems you
> manage, future expectations etc, (I suppose similar to a job spec), I'd
> definitely be interested in helping out :)
>
> I currently run my own web, database and e-mail servers (Linux w/ Gnome
> of course ;) ), and I'm a software analyst by day-time profession, but
> have commercial experience in managing Windows, Linux and Unix servers,
> and our server estate at work covers 200+ servers.
>
> I'd love to see if I can offer anything to team :)

A good place to start would be to read:

http://live.gnome.org/HelpingSysadmin

Thanks,

--