Re: www.gtkmm.org hosting

Hi Ross (and others):

If you can give a list of skills required, what sort of systems you manage, future expectations etc, (I suppose similar to a job spec), I'd definitely be interested in helping out :)

I currently run my own web, database and e-mail servers (Linux w/ Gnome of course ;) ), and I'm a software analyst by day-time profession, but have commercial experience in managing Windows, Linux and Unix servers, and our server estate at work covers 200+ servers.

I'd love to see if I can offer anything to team :)

Regards

Andy

Ross Golder wrote:
I have been considering starting (another) internal thread on how we can
widen the GNOME sysadmin team some more. We made a request for sysadmin
volunteers a couple of years ago, and got a good response, but
unfortunately we turned most of them down and only took up a few of them
on their offers, as we only needed a few more pairs of hands at the
time.

Now we have a small influx of new hardware and hosting offers, we are
going to need to make sure they don't sit idle waiting for us to get
round to them. I think we are going to need to consider taking on a few
more worthy volunteers into the team to help prepare and execute any
plans we will be drawing up and help maintain a certain level of service
etc.

Anyway, what with the subversion migration and other (non-GNOME) work,
I'll be a bit busy for the next few weeks, but hopefully by the time
that settles, Murray (and anyone else with an opinion) should have
started setting some of the expectations and we can begin to discuss how
to meet them ;) I look forward to seeing them.

--
Ross