Widen the team? [was: www.gtkmm.org hosting]

<quote who="Ross Golder">

> I have been considering starting (another) internal thread on how we can
> widen the GNOME sysadmin team some more.

Sorry to be characteristically blunt, but we don't need more people - that
would just complicate matters more - what we do need is more attentive and
more professional people. I have been surprised and dismayed at the recent
issues we've been having and the actions taken to paper over or dodge them
rather than actually fix them. Our machines have always been in a somewhat
mediocre state, but the current churn and reactive approach to improvement
is taking its toll. Now, this is not all gar... It's been obvious over the
past month that I have been paying much more attention to sysadmin issues.
So I'm not idly complaining - I intend to spend more time on it.

- Jeff

  If Perl is gaffer, and Python is Magic Tape, then Ruby is self-adhesive
                                plate gold.