Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]
- From: John Williams <john williams lists gmail com>
- To: Jeff Waugh <jdub perkypants org>
- Cc: GNOME Infrastructure <gnome-infrastructure gnome org>, Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>, gnome web <gnome-web-list gnome org>, "Tim Ney, GNOME Foundation" <director gnome org>, marketing-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Friends-of-GNOME database [Re: Modifying GNOME-About to count users]
- Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:51:00 +1200
On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:01 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="John Williams">
> > Anyway, I am delighted to stumble across this thread. Can I ask if there
> > is any idea how soon one will be able, without a financial cost, to
> > register as a user of GNOME and optionally ask to be kept up-to-date (or
> > whatever)?
> You could always subscribe to gnome-announce-list... ;-)
Hmmm. I expressed myself clumsily it seems.
Can I point you to the word "optionally" above. I was asking if there
was any system where one could:
1. Without financial cost
2. Register as a user of GNOME. (Stand and be counted.)
3. And then choose to be kept up-to-date or not.
Subscribing to an email list accomplishes (3) and (1) but does not imply
(2). Joining Friends of GNOME accomplishes (2) but not (1). I am
unaware of the implication on (3) of joining FoG.
] [Thread Prev