Re: Request to put GNOME Journal onto the gnome.org servers

On พ., 2005-01-19 at 20:26 -0500, Jim Hodapp wrote:
> I am requesting to put the GNOME Journal website onto the gnome.org web
> servers since we lost our box that we've been hosting it on free of
> charge up to this point.  We'd host it on a team member's co-lo server,
> but it can't handle the traffic that we get when we release new
> editions.  What we require for the site software-wise is the following:
>
> 1) PHP v4.3.x (any PHP 4.3 version will do)
> 2) textpattern installed (get the latest version from
> www.textpattern.com)
> 3) MySQL v4.0.x (any MySQL 4.0 version will do)
>
> That's all we need as far as software goes.  A database called
> gnomejournal in MySQL would be a good name for the database for
> textpattern.  Textpattern is the content management system that we use
> to manage the content of the site.  If you need any more info, please
> let me know.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Hodapp

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the tarballs of the content and the SQL dump. I've added the
site to window.gnome.org and tested it, so you should be able to switch
the DNS record for the site whenever you feel ready.

I have added your 'jhodapp' account to the 'gnomeweb' group, which means
that if you wish to make any updates to the site, you can commit them to
the following CVS repository. The site will be updated automatically
within five minutes from the commit.

CVSROOT=:ext:jhodapp cvs gnome org:/cvs/websites

If you have any questions, please ask.

Ross