[GNOME-India] Building a community

Hey folks!  I thought I would send a welcome email, and start a thread
on how to build an active community in India.

As a start, let's try to agree upon the goals.  Part of this
incorporates our mission, spreading Free Software.

* Foster greater acceptance of Free Software in all sectors
* Creating a dynamic and enthusiastic GNOME community across India
that is open to everyone regardless of background, gender, culture,
and sexual identity

I didn't put anything in marketing GNOME.  If we achieve the second
objective, we get that for free, I think.  I'm more interested in
people and community and generating enthusiasm.  I want to build
momentum.

Emily Chen, has been working on a wiki that is at the moment China
specific.  But we could look at what she's done and see if there is
something we can do.

https://wiki.gnome.org/GNOME%20Outreach%20Activities%20in%20China

Let me know your thoughts!