Re: [GNOME-India] GNOME.Asia Summit 2009 - Breaking the news

On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay
<foss mailinglists gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Arun Raghavan <arun accosted net> wrote:
>> 2009/3/3 zakir ahmed <zakirs iitk ac in>:
>>> December would be good ,Since most people will be in their Holidays time and
>>> it would be easier for them to come over.
>>
>> I think December would be terrible. Right now, how it works is we have
>> 1 event in December, a whole spate of events in Feb/March, and nothing
>> in between.
>
> :)
>
>> Is there something stopping us from targetting some time in September
>> (I'd suggest August, but that's just 10 months after the 2008
>> edition)? It's a 2-day event, probably during the weekend, so I would
>> hope that as long as we avoid exam time, students should not be
>> majorly hassled about the timing.
>
> You actually summed up as to why December would work out nicely :)

Foss.in is probably going to be in December this time. If you guys are
inclined we can do Gnome asia just before or after foss.in, so the big
gnome crowd can hang back and make a huge impact at foss.in as well.

Ofcourse, this is just a suggestion. I hope it doesnt hurt anyones
sensibilities (I am an organizer at foss.in ofcourse) :-)

Cheers,
Shreyas