[GNOME-India] GNOME.Asia Summit 2009 - Breaking the news

If you have been keeping track of the RecentChanges on live.gnome.org,
you would noticed <http://live.gnome.org/GnomeAsia/2009> already. And,
if haven't been - now you know.

So, what this about ?

This year looks to be a nice year to have the GNOME.Asia Summit in
India. And, that URL is the landing page for a set of discussions
which will probably eventually resemble the complex sub-pages under
<http://live.gnome.org/GUADEC/2008>

Some initial thoughts:

- planned to be a 2-day event
- planned to be around the last week of November or, the first week of December
- less talks, more sessions/workshops/getting_things_done
- current expectations are of around 200 people

What needs to be kicked off:

- figuring out a host for this
      o preferably an academic institution since that helps the re-use
of their existing logistical bits
      o anyone who can take this up is welcome to move this aspect forward
- getting news passed to people
      o if you are doing GNOME-y stuff or, know someone/some_company
who does - please pass this around
- getting a Sponsorship Brochure draft in place
- getting a new contributor handbook (I don't think we have one in place)
- lining up a few willing volunteers (we can arm twist the unwilling
ones as well)
- getting news about this event passed to your favorite speakers
      o the ones who can then sweet talk their companies into
sponsoring in whatever way they can

Now that you have read so far, you probably have only two questions:

* what took so long ?
* how can I help ?

The response to the second is linked with the first - we need more
hands on the deck. Jump in - this is going to be one big roller
coaster ride.