Re: [GNOME-India] foss.in 2008...

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:08 AM, "Sankarshan (সঙ্কর্ষণ)"
<foss mailinglists gmail com> wrote:
[...]
> I have the feeling that if we repeat this act, it would be a failure. This
> year, it ought to be upping the ante. We have much time before foss.in
> coming into light and with properly built up expectations (read: blog more)
> we can anticipate more of "let's fix this issue, let's learn how to work on
> that issue" kind of audience.

<nods head vigorously>

> We require them.
>
> Let's work on making that audience walk through the doors of the Project Day
> and have for them a specific set of responses if they ask "Ok, I signed up
> to attend the GNOME day, so what's next for me"

If we're talking about getting people contributing, I think we need a
set of minimum requirements. Not in the don't-come-if-you-don't-know
way. More like read-these-nice-easy-tutorials-before-you-come-so-we-can-really-get-to-the-next-level
way. Yes, yes, hyphenation embargo for me.

The idea being that if, over the next month or two, we can define what
we expect from the aud^Wparticipants, then we can provide the means
(and time) by which interested people can prepare themselves,
potentially with our help (ML/IRC/meets), and *then* we can talk about
doing something more during the WhateverItIsCalled Day.

Hope there is a morsel of coherence in there,
--
Arun Raghavan
(http://nemesis.accosted.net)