Re: [GNOME-India] About a presence at GNU/Linux Asia 2004

Hi Sakarshan,

> are two choices - using a booth at the EXPO for demonstrating the
> various GNOME solutions or using the HUB to demonstrate a specific
> solution.

	I think we should be as broad as possible and focus on GNOME being a
usable desktop for everyday tasks.

> i guess then that is one part answered. the point remains is whether
> we have the footsoldiers in delhi and if they are going to charge.

	True - and those are the most important points :-)

> once we get in sync our idea about the presentation
> materials/demos/Point-of-Presence goodies (by 25th please) we could
> talk with the committee once again

	Sounds good but we really need to know if they charge for a booth
because if they do, we probably want to get Ximian/Wipro to help sponsor
that bit.

> ps:: there was something about Wipro & Ximian in Alolita's mail -
> speak up mates

	Ximian and Wipro are quite a bit into GNOME themselves. They are pretty
likely to be putting up stalls there to showcase their own involvement
with Linux but I am not sure if they shall be GNOME specific. Perhaps a
good idea is to talk to somebody at both companies.

	Also, I think we mean Novell India here - the Ximian guys in the US
probably have no clue about all this :-)

	Ravi.