Re: Translation work is being refused by coodinator

Den 17.02.2022 kl. 19.46 skrev Rafael Fontenelle:
Scootergrisen,

If the team does not use Damned Lies in their translation workflow, then you should join the mailing list, if that's the case, and post your contributions to that email address. Not handling contributions in Damned Lies is not "refusing" when the team does not use Damned Lies in their workflow.

Having that said, did you email your translations to that email address and the coordinator refused to accept them?

Cheers,
Rafael

    <https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/da/gnome-42/doc/%C3%82>
      >>    the documentaion for Orca is at 0%.
      >>
      >>    Despite being translated and submitted 2 years ago.
      >>
      > I neither see anything submitted, nor two years ago.
      >
      > I see a comment "Reserve for translation, 4 months, 1 week ago"
    by you,
      > and since that time no translation have been attached.
      > Would that mean that you "refused to translate" for four months?
      >
      > Or do you maybe want to imply that something was deleted? Or
    something
      > else? Please be more clear and avoid accusations.

    As written on https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/da/
    <https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/da/> the danish coordinator
    dont use damned lies for submitting translations.

    The translations are submitted to a mailinglist:
    dansk dansk-gruppen dk <mailto:dansk dansk-gruppen dk>

    With no public archive there is no way for me to show you anything that
    was submitted.

    If i submit the translation on damned lies it is just going to be
    ignored.

You can see my first mail in https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2022-January/msg00014.html I was trying to reply to that so the messages was keept in the same place but that didnt happen.

Yes i joined the danish team mailing list years ago.
Yes i submitted the translations to the mailing list as instructed.

That have "worked" for many years.
Sometimes with extremely long waiting periods of like 2 years.
But at least it "worked".

Around 3-4 months ago the person who is currently the danish coordinator basically wrote in the mailing list that he refuses all translations submitted by me.

There is no public archive of the message so can't show you.

So if i translated something and submitted the translations 2 years ago i guess the danish team coordinator decided 3-4 months ago that he would not accept/look at/merge anything from me.

Not just new translations that i might submit in the future but also all the old translations that i already submitted long ago and have been waiting for for a long time.

It's not a small amount of things that have been waiting. Many files.

Some of which have been waiting for 2 years without being looked at.

So i dont think the current coordinator is doing what a coordinator is suppose to be doing.

If the person dont have the time/desire or whatever to be a coordinator there is nothing wrong with that. But then why be a coordinator?