Re: Unable to commit translation

Le 26.07.21 à 17:04, Rafael Fontenelle a écrit :
Hi Claude

Em seg, 26 de jul de 2021 11:51, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net <mailto:claude 2xlibre net>> escreveu:

    Le 26.07.21 à 16:04, Abderrahim Kitouni via gnome-i18n a écrit :
     > Hi,
     >
     > Le lun. 26 juil. 2021 à 12:03, Philipp Kiemle via gnome-i18n
     > <gnome-i18n gnome org <mailto:gnome-i18n gnome org>> a écrit :
     >>
     >> Hello!
     >>
     >> When I want to commit the German translation of gnome-software
    (https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-software/master/po/de
    <https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-software/master/po/de>), this
    error message pops up:

     >> [Errno 1] Command: "['git', 'push', 'origin', 'master']", Error:
    Warning: Permanently added 'gitlab.gnome.org
    <http://gitlab.gnome.org>,172.31.2.39' (ECDSA) to the list of known
    hosts. remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to create protected
    branches on this project. To
    gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/gnome-software.git ! [remote rejected] master
    -> master (pre-receive hook declined) error: failed to push some
    refs to 'gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/gnome-software.git'

     >> This has been the case for almost two weeks now... What is the
    issue here?

     > The issue is that gnome-software no longer has a `master` branch.
     > Damned lies needs to be configured to use the `main` branch instead.
     > It's possible that such modification has been done, but some cached
     > files still reference the old branch name.
     >
     > HTH,

    Yes, this helps, but it would have helped even more if this list would
    have been noticed about that changed branch name before.

    I guess this same story will repeat a lot during the next months :-/

    <rant>Hopefully noone will find any bad meaning in the "main" name
    sooner or later</rant>

    Regards,

    Claude
-- www.2xlibre.net <http://www.2xlibre.net>