Re: Unable to commit translation

Hi Claude

Em seg, 26 de jul de 2021 11:51, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> escreveu:
Le 26.07.21 à 16:04, Abderrahim Kitouni via gnome-i18n a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Le lun. 26 juil. 2021 à 12:03, Philipp Kiemle via gnome-i18n
> <gnome-i18n gnome org> a écrit :
>>
>> Hello!
>>
>> When I want to commit the German translation of gnome-software (https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-software/master/po/de), this error message pops up:
>>
>> [Errno 1] Command: "['git', 'push', 'origin', 'master']", Error: Warning: Permanently added 'gitlab.gnome.org,172.31.2.39' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts. remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to create protected branches on this project. To gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/gnome-software.git ! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined) error: failed to push some refs to 'gitlab.gnome.org:GNOME/gnome-software.git'
>>
>> This has been the case for almost two weeks now... What is the issue here?
>
> The issue is that gnome-software no longer has a `master` branch.
> Damned lies needs to be configured to use the `main` branch instead.
> It's possible that such modification has been done, but some cached
> files still reference the old branch name.
>
> HTH,

Yes, this helps, but it would have helped even more if this list would
have been noticed about that changed branch name before.

I guess this same story will repeat a lot during the next months :-/

<rant>Hopefully noone will find any bad meaning in the "main" name
sooner or later</rant>

Regards,

Claude
--