Re: DL Error : File not UTF8

Hi Matej,

Yes, it is related. If the system has no locale set (which usually is
UTF-8) then the default ASCII is used (depending on the distro,
obviously). When this ASCII-encoded system finds an UTF-8 special
character, like "é", "č" etc., these chars are not interpreted
correctly. I believe the error message you quoted is from
UnicodeDecodeError: search "UnicodeDecodeError" in
https://docs.python.org/3/howto/unicode.html#the-string-type

Note: even if English interface is desired, the "en_US.UTF-8" locale
should be set.

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle