Re: Add "Apps for GNOME" to d-l

Sophie.

yes, I mean gnome-circle instead of gnome-extras, which should also include other Circle apps, currently not in the d-l. There are quite fa few!
Regarding the POT, I think you were clear enough. Some text you use on the web comes from the apps themselves, as you mention also that some apps do not use d-l (for now). I can also see that in the translation on the webpage. ;) So, there should be some effort to invite those developers to participate. As for my – let's called it a rant – I like the idea, that the text is used from the app's POT, but would suggest to promote this among developers to add one string especially for the webpage to every app translation, and mark it clearly using a comment to translators. That would improve the quality.

There are also some other issues or missing info that I would propose to include. For example, why is there an invitation to use Flatpack (data is available), while there is no info, whether the app is available through repositories as deb, rpm ... or other system for that matter. I checked almost all apps in the Circle and a LOT of them are only as FP, which is a shame for those of us using the standard debs.

Thank you for great work!
Best,
Matej