Re: How to make strings fuzzy without changing them

Po files should not be directly modified by developers 😉

In this case, if you think original string can be confusing, you can add a comment or context to it. Not sure about comment, but context will make it be marked as fuzzy, so problem solved.

Regards

El mié., 3 jun. 2020 17:41, Yuri Chornoivan via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> escribió:
середа, 3 червня 2020 р. 17:37:22 EEST scootergrisen via gnome-i18n написано:
> I want to change "Results must:" to "Options:" or something similar in:
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/blob/master/src/orca/orca-find.ui#L327
>
> But at the same time i want the 2 strings "_Match case" and "Match
> _entire word only" made fuzzy or cleared in the po files.
>
> https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/orca/-/blob/master/src/orca/orca-find.ui#L291
> -306
>
> So translators can have a fresh look at all three strings because i
> think they might be incorrect translated with the way it is currently
> written.

Thanks. For making our lives.... interesting.

I think that the easiest way is to use a PCRE in the git repo directly.
Something like (not tested)

perl -pi -e 's!foo!\#,\ fuzzy\nfoo!' if !(/\#,\ fuzzy\n!) po/*.po

Please do not do it though if you do not want to ask how to disappear
completely and never been found. ;)

Best regards,
Yuri