Re: New procedure for freeze break requests

On Wed, Aug 12, 2020 at 9:54 am, Daniel Mustieles García <daniel mustieles gmail com> wrote:
 * We could continue to use email to gnome-i18n@ for string break
requests and just say that release team no longer needs to be involved
 in string freeze breaks

Good, but I have one question here: would Release team made a first approval of a change before us? I mean, if a developer requests a break that adds several source code lines but only changes one string, both Release and i18n team should approve it. How would it be done? If i18n gives 2 votes but R-T rejects it, how would we notice it?

If you want to continue using email, then we would need two separate freeze break requests, one to release team and one to i18n team. This does happen sometimes, so developers will just need to get used to asking for freeze breaks in two different places.