New procedure for freeze break requests

Hi,

I'm fed up with mailman and am trying to decommission the release team mailing list. That means we need a new procedure for handling freeze break requests that's not based on email. We've created:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Releng/freeze-breaks

where developers can report issues to request a freeze break. That should work fine for everything that only requires approval from release team: UI freeze, feature freeze, and hard code freeze. (And docs team can watch the repo if interested.)

Now, for issues that require string freeze breaks, I see a few different options:

* i18n team could watch this repo's issue tracker for string break requests and approve them there, alongside other freeze break requests; or * We could continue to use email to gnome-i18n@ for string break requests and just say that release team no longer needs to be involved in string freeze breaks * We could create a separate repo under https://gitlab.gnome.org/Teams/Translation just for string freeze breaks.

Do you have a preference (or alternative proposal) for how this would work?

Happy Tuesday!

Michael